Rho Ophiuchi Cloud complex

One of the nearest star forming regions to our solar system.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Mod D610, 300 f2.8
about 2 hours of imaging time.
PP in Astropixel, Pixinsight and Capture one

@Dan_Kearl , These are beautiful patterns of star clusters, sort of swirling. I like the composition within the frame. Two hours with the right equipment and software definitely has big advantages over my tiny little 20-second images of the Milky Way! The details with all those countless stars is incredible, bringing the vastness of space right to me front and center.

Another incredible image. While I really liked the Seven Sisters photo (and all your other space shots), I prefer this one because you did not use the guitar string, and duct tape.

Agreed – your results are getting much better and more realistic, with small stars not streaked. I’m missing the yellows/golds here around Antares but the blues and reds are well done in any case.

Thanks all.
Diane, this was taken in June and I reprocessed with Pixinsight which I think is a small but noticeable improvement over my old workflow.
I am just delving into it, I like it, i think it is intuitive pretty much, I am not sure why people think it is that complicated. No more than Photoshop , just odd names…
Thanks for taking the time to comment, you are knowledgeable in Astro stuff and I appreciate it.

As you get further into it you’ll find it is a huge improvement. (If you don’t find it complicated and non-intuitive, tell me your secret!) Part of the problem is so much conflicting information on workflow by users on the web.