Rockette

Image:Rockette

Description: On a hike in Flagstaff, AZ, this weed caught my eye. Perfectly lit by the filtered light coming through the treetops, I was drawn to the intricate details. It was not until I downloaded the image that I noticed the ‘Rockette Legs’, adding a bit of humor to the image.

Specific Feedback Requested:Any feedback welcomed

Pertinent technical details or techniques: handheld, 1/40 sec, f/10, ISO 100, 81mm, Nikon Z 24-200mm

3 Likes

A beautiful B&W capture. I like how the black BG makes the seed pod pop. And how the stem fades into is just a bit of subject visible at the bottom.

From a personal perspective. the only thing I can offer the you might consider cloning out the light spot in the middle of the bottom right quadrant. Also, to the right of the Rockette legs there is a stem that goes to the bottom of the seed pod. You might consider cloning the top out.

If it were my photo, it would be framed and on my wall. Very nice find.

This is great, Fritz. I think the processing works well overall, with the salsify getting almost all the attention but leaving a few little details to enjoy at the bottom with a closer look. The little rockette legs are super fun, too! I agree with David’s comment about maybe doing a bit of cloning and darkening for a few of the very minor visual distractions in the lower half. Otherwise, this is really nice!

Thank you Sarah and David; REALLY appreciate the feedback, and fully agree on the suggestions. thank you both for taking the time to comment. Sarah, I know how much you like salsify, so super happy you like this one. :slight_smile: