Rocky Mountain National Park Peak

I captured this mountain peak scene in Rocky Mountain National Park on a cold and windy day. There are three skiers to the left of the frame making their way up the mountain. I wanted to capture them to show the immense scale of this peak. Captured with my Sony a7RII with Sony FE 55mm lens on a tripod. I’m new here so thank you in advance for taking a look.

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

7 Likes

A wonderful high alpine winter scene here, Alfredo… :+1:

1 Like

Thanks so much Paul!

First of all I would like to say welcome to NPN, Alfredo. I hope that you find this site to be everything you hoped it to be. I know that I have sure enjoyed and got a lot out of it. Second, wow, what a shot. A wall hanger for sure. Looking forward to see more of your work on here.

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome Shirley! I was getting pretty tired of Instagram and was looking for a better photography community. I appreciate the kind words on my image.

2 Likes

A beautiful first post! Didn’t notice the skiers at first sight, but they surely add a sense of scale! Wonderful soft light on these spectacular peaks.

1 Like

Appreciate your feedback Ron! Thank you.

A great capture. Love the mood and the skiers are wonderful hidden surprise.

1 Like

Much appreciated Steve! I remember when those skiers passed by me on the trail. I didn’t realize they were going directly up the mountain.

Wonderful image @alfredomora and welcome to NPN!

1 Like

Alfredo, that is a wonderful capture and very well done. I have been to that park before and the way the clouds mist and the landscape makes a great image. Welcome to NPN

1 Like

Thank you Keith! I appreciate the welcome.

Thanks Dean! Oh yeah RMNP is beautiful indeed. First time shooting it in winter. Tough hike but so worth it.

Welcome to NPN Alfredo! This is a beautiful and very majestic alpine scene.

1 Like

Thanks Eva! Such a wonderful welcome and feedback.

You captured RMNP well with this shot. Love the snow against the granite. I think you have definitively shown scale here. :slight_smile: :grinning:

1 Like

What a beautiful scene, and the three skiers really do give a wonderful sense of scale. It does look cold, and the clouds drifiting at the tops of the peaks add a lot it.

1 Like

Thanks Todd! I was quite happy the skiers were there.

1 Like

Thank you Kathy! Appreciate your feedback. The clouds were just so good that cold morning.

This is a terrific capture!

1 Like