Rose Drop

Rose Drop

(Marc McCann) #1

After seeing some macro photographs by some fellow photo club members, I decided to purchase a lens and give it a try. I experimented with still life, but I lacked props. My wife suggested flowers. It took time, but success occurred. This favorite even made its way into a poster.

Pertinent technical details or techniques to help others learn:

Nikon D300S. Tamron 90mm macro lens.

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.

(Bill Fach) #2

Marc: Flowers and macro lenses is a marriage made in heaven. Between my 200mm and 100mm macro lenses I’ve made many thousands of images of things we normally would overlook. I like your comp and the placement of the drop n the frame. Good work on your DOF management as well. Top notch work. Keep 'em coming. :+1::+1:>=))>

(Marc McCann) #3

Thank you for the compliment! It took some effort, especially with the depth of field. As a landscape photographer, I always enjoyed flowers in the field. It wasn’t until I started shooting them indoors that I began to appreciate their incredible beauty.

(Mark Seaver) #4

This looks great, Marc. The lines and colors of the rose look good. The big corner-to-corner diagonal is a fine tool. The small and large drops add a lot of extra interest, taking what would be a good macro view into the great realm.

(Balan Vinod) #5

Kept looking at the image, and waited for that drop to fall off. beautifully done image

Balan Vinod

Back
Forward