Sand-river

A wide sand river
Color by morning sunshine
It must be autumn

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is more then welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I like this image a lot Be, it’s a great image of late season autumn. I like the story told by fallen leaves on the ground, and the straggler leaves still hanging on the tree. The colors of green and rust go really well together here too, the rust color has a strong late autumn look. I like how you used the sand to separate the tree from the background. Overall this works very well for me. My only suggested tweak would be to clone away the fence post on the edge of the sand in the ULC.

1 Like

@Ed_McGuirk, Ed, Where I just go by feeling, you tell me in your comments about the why some things do well and others don’t. Thank’s for that. Btw, the fencepost has gone.

I really am liking the bit of mystery here, Ben. It appears as though the trees are reaching for something outside of the frame which we can not see. It lets our imagination take over and fill in the blanks as to what may be out of sight. I also like the muted colors in the scene as this is a perfect example of the transition of seasons. No suggestions from me since you removed the post per @Ed_McGuirk’s suggestion.

There must be a mistake @Ed_Lowe . I did not remove the suggestions from @Ed_McGuirk I just gave him an answer. Maybe there something went wrong.
27 Nov

This from Ed Mc Guirk
I like this image a lot Be, it’s a great image of late season autumn. I like the story told by fallen leaves on the ground, and the straggler leaves still hanging on the tree. The colors of green and rust go really well together here too, the rust color has a strong late autumn look. I like how you used the sand to separate the tree from the background. Overall this works very well for me. My only suggested tweak would be to clone away the fence post on the edge of the sand in the ULC.

My mistake, Ben. I meant to say since you were going to remove the post.

1 Like