Sarlat, France

This is from my collection of plants as architectural ornamentation. Human structures softened by nature.

Specific Feedback Requested

Comments on the project as well as the image are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

4 Likes

OOOhh – I love this! And you hit the perfect time for the wisteria. The door could almost be modern art. I would love to see more from this collection!

I agree with @Diane_Miller , it would be wonderful to get to see more from your architectural ornamental series. Beautiful photo, Paul.

I second the votes above. More! More!
The door, old stones, and beautiful wisteria are just gorgeous.

I love the wisteria and if it wasn’t so invasive where I live, I’d plant some and I do so like this scene.

But, I have a nig in that while it appears the lane is going downhill, the door should not. There is just a slight tilt to the left as you can see in my edit. With the corrected rotation, I might be tempted to clone some more wall down in the bottom left corner, because now it is more of more eye attentive than before.

1 Like

@Diane_Miller @linda_mellor @Mark_Muller @chris10 Thank you, your comments are very much appreciated. I’ll dig into the Archives of that project and post more in the future.

The best part of that trip was spending lots of time in the countryside of France. I love Paris, but it’s nice to balance it with small towns such as Sarlat. We stopped at the market about a block from this house, bought cheese, meats, a large baguette, and sweets, had a picnic in a lovely little park, then visited the caves at Lascaux. Life is good.

Chris - I agree entirely with your edit.

1 Like

After looking at over 40,000 student photos, that’s the first thing I notice in a photograph…it drove them crazy, but for me, it was just a short hop to lulu land :slight_smile:

Love the look of wisteria against a mortared stone wall…seen oil paintings like this. Have you ever considered blurring the image a little on purpose for that kind of effect?

Kind of a trompe l’oeil effect, Ariella, that could be kind of interesting though its pretty slick as it is :slight_smile: :smile: