Scabiosa and Bee(edits)

D850 , 105 mm at f5, ISO 100, 1/160 sec, handheld. PS, LR and Topaz, hand painting of BG. Another take on this flower with an intruder.

1 Like

Kathy, the presentation here looks very good, with the background complementing the flower well. Your subtle offset of the flower works well. I could see a bit more dof, for a bit more clarity in the flower behind the bee.

1 Like

Yes, Agree with Mark. We ll done on presentation and background. Lovely flower.

1 Like

Hi Kathy,

A very artistic presentation. A little more DOF on the flower might work for future endeavors with this type of shot, but not a deal breaker. It does have a killer BG. Well done…Jim

1 Like

Thanks all. I have been working hard on the backgrounds. It’s a stretch as it’s not straight forward. I agree re the DOF but some artists get away with even less DOF and maybe that’s the other solution. A slice of DOF for the bee.

Kathy: For me the bee is the main subject and it’s sharp. I’m very OK with parts of the flower being OOF and actually like your DOF/POF decision here. Good capture and a beautiful presentation. >=))>

I like your choice of showing the flower and background with a very soft and delicate feel. As the bee seems to be prominent could you possibly darken just the bee to give it more definition and contrast?

Good point Patricia. I fiddled with the bee a bit in this one. Also flipped it.