Scratchin' Squirrel + Repost for BG Color

Image Description

This eastern Fox Squirrel is proof that, when you have an itch, it must be scratched - regardless of who’s watchin’.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I just thought this was a comical photo. It’s moments like this that keeps me from shooting every squirrel in my yard! :laughing:

Technical Details

2 Likes

How in the world does he do that? Definitely a fun photo, Terry! Great shot!

Thanks @linda_mellor! If I tried to do that, it would take a chiropractor three days to unwind me!

Oh fox squirrels are so lovely. I haven’t seen them around here, but I have over by Bismark, ND and further south in WI. They have such lush coats and coloring. The scratch pose is quite bendy and I always admire their flexibility and acrobatics. I like the stump and the L shape it makes with the critter. Is that a bit of spider line there shining across the front of it? A pleasing critter catch for sure.

You’re right @Kris_Smith - they are flexible and quite the acrobats. I’m not sure if that’s a spider line across the stump. I went back and looked after you asked and didn’t see anything.

Cute and fun! Wonderful sharpness on the face and good choice of fast SS to stop the action. Nice perch, too.

The BG color, pretty as it is, pulls the eye. I think it could be worth a look at lowering the saturation a bit.

Thanks @Diane_Miller. You’re right about all that green, I adjusted it a bit and I’ll repost for comment.

I love it, Terry! He actually looks like he’s in a super hero pose! Great capture!

Thanks, Vanessa! A lady on Flickr made the comment that he appeared to be in a martial arts pose! Banzai, Daniel San!

Yes, subdued color is better, I think. These quick and amazingly agile little guys could be really good at martial arts. I love watching them jump around in trees.

1 Like

Great pose and squarish crop works well here!
The cut tree trunk shows, hand of man, but works well as a platform.

1 Like