"Sea creature clouds"

Taken over Alaska from a commercial airline last year.

Specific Feedback Requested

standard feedback

Technical Details

Sony A-1 with 24-70 sony lens at 70 mm, f8, 1/1000 sec, ISO125
Dehaze in Camera Raw Photoshop

1 Like

I like these clouds from above images, Larry. I get that real sense of height. I feel like this one could use a boost in the whites, to bring some snap to it. There’s a lot of depth too. Well done.

Larry,

Most certainly see “creatures” here - or at a minimum triggers the imagination for such! In fact, my initial reacition was the creature(s) in “Tremors.” :slight_smile:

I agree with David in that the white point could be raised a little as this looks slighter under exposed. Now to be fair after my comment on your last Eastern Sierra image, I went down the path of checking my own monitor and now I’m at a loss as to what’s right, or needs adjustment - So take my comments lightly. However, I’m not seeing darker images from others, so maybe I’m not to far off. Certainly all within personal preferences of course.

These are fabulous clouds to be sure.

Lon

Lon - Thanks for comment. I tried increasing the whites a little and then I lose some of the textures in the clouds. It could be that my computer screen is fairly bright already so it looks different on other screens. I do have a monochrome version which I will upload.

1 Like

I love watching clouds from above looking for creatures. Here I upped the whites a little as suggested by David and Lon. B&W also works but I would still bring the whites up a little.