Serpent's Tail

The strange geology of the Vermilion Cliffs Nat’l Monument, AZ, is something to behold! The rock formations are primarily composed of Navajo Sandstone, but are contorted to extreme angles, swirled, and even folded over on itself.
This was a fairly straightforward shot, 2 images that were focus stacked. I purposefuly let the color get quite saturated and punchy via various contrast adjustments. I just wanted to convey the vibrance I felt while taking this image.
Cheers!

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
7 Likes

Wild scene. I’m really digging this!

1 Like

Super dynamic image, Ken! I like the rich saturation and overall composition. Great leading lines. Well done!

1 Like

I like the wide-angle deception when first opening the image. It looks like an aerial over the Waterpocket fold. :slight_smile:

Hey Bill,
Yea, now that you mention it, one really doesn’t have much of a perspective of scale, unless one has been to this location.
Cheers

Love how you handled the red sandstone, nice and punchy but not overdone.

1 Like

I love this place and this particular formation. Love how you composed it and your careful attention to the colors and delicate light. Really nice work.

1 Like

Thanks NPN’s for the comments. I’m stoked to get this printed soon!