Sheep Pass Sunrise

A winter sunrise at Sheep Pass.

Wista DXIII 4x5 - Schneider APO 210mm - 2 stop soft grad - Velvia 50

3 Likes

Paul,

Most beautiful desert scene. You’ve especially captured that “first light” moment beautifully. Great color and contrast.

Lon

Beautiful warm light on a peaceful desert scene. I might burn down the plant in the very LRC, at least along the bottom edge, but not a huge deal. Enjoying this one.

@Lon_Overacker @Harley_Goldman,
Thank you for the review and input as always. I appreciate your time & the comments…:+1:

Paul,
I thought this might be yours when I saw the thumbnail. The warm morning light is very inviting and the warmth contrasts beautifully with the cool tones of the sky. You do these desert scenes so well.

Very nice, Paul. The composition works well, and the color looks great. I do agree with Harley about tweaking the grass and sunlit boulder in the LRC. Also, the blue in the upper part of the seems to be a little over-saturated–but not a big deal.

Your long experience in J-Tree really shows.
-P

@Ed_Lowe @Preston_Birdwell, thank you for your positive comments and thoughts on this scene & the image overall…:sunglasses:

Paul, this is a great catch on early light. The scattered sunlit elements sure keep my eyes roaming. Definitely a “grand” landscape.

1 Like

Beautiful capture Paul. That light is wonderful.

1 Like
Back
Forward