Shepherd's Crook

Chrissy has a small succulent terrarium in the garden and this interesting little flower stem has sprouted out. It’s quite firm and has stayed in this form for a couple of weeks so I don’t think it is supposed to be standing straight up. Another HDR effort. All comments welcome. >=))>

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO400, 1/500 @ f11

2 Likes

Gorgeous little flower stem (I think an Echeveria?) and lickable light! The succulents look very happy.

Maybe in a few days we can see a closeup of the flowers starting to open at the top!

Diane: The blooms have been like this for a couple weeks now so I don’t know if they will open more. They still seem happy so perhaps there is more to come. Thanks for the ID. >=))>

Bill, what a neat flower. I don’t think I have ever seen one. A Shepherd’s Hook is what it reminds me of so the name is fitting. The lighting is perfect, so your HDR was a real success. It looks like an area that you could really have fun photographing. Such teamwork, your wife loves gardening and you love photographing it!

I love the focus (literally) on the Sheperd’s Hook, but the supporting cast texture/color/lighting really add. Excellent use of focus to get the hook to pop out. The dynamic range looks great, so the HDR worked out well.