Shimoda Explore v.2.0 Backpack

@_Kris - Thanks for the very informative updates! Would it be possible to unclip the Camelbak tube from the bladder end and thread it that way (to avoid removing the bite valve) and then clip it back on and stuff into the bag? I’ve done something similar, but depending on where it zips and threads that might now work. Just curious. I avoid taking the valve off too, generally. :slight_smile:

Probably…I hadn’t thought of that, @karlag - if the bladder end detaches easily and won’t leak that might be simpler than taking the bite valve off. Maybe I’ll investigate as an option. My only concern is that you’d probably have to do this while it was full. It could be awkward to reattach the tube but I’ve never tried so…

@_Kris - Mine has a little button to press and pull the tube out. You just push it back in and it snaps in. I generally get a few drops of water out in the process but something closes it off so you should be able to handle the full bladder with only a few water drops leaking out. I haven’t pushed it, so that’s handling carefully. :slight_smile: Hope it works for you!

It fits in a regional jet overhead bin! Tripod is on the other side of the bag, but is still attached. I’m pretty pleased. This is my first time with it on a plane.

1 Like

I just purchased this bag, partly after reading this thread. Thanks @_Kris for sharing your feedback. I’m looking forward to putting it to use.

1 Like

Glad to be of help, @jefflafrenierre - after traveling with it this week I have come to love this bag even more. The detachable waist belt makes dealing with airport movements easier. On my back or on the roller bag, it is easy to manage from gate to gate and through security. No regrets here!