Silk flower

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
D3400, ISO 1600, f/ unknown, 1/4000, 135mm Prime manual

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This set up illustrates the “toughness” of most plants with that bloom forcing it’s way through the latticework. The fact that it’s an artificial flower is disguised in the smaller view.

thanks Mark for the comment

Michael: I like how you set this up and mastered the light. You might consider reducing the size of the image for posting. A long side of 1500 pixels or so is considered ideal. Hope to see more of your work. >=))>

I agree with Bill about the posting size. Good job of keeping the whites under control.

I’m not sure the silk ones belong in floral, Michael, but that’s up to the moderator. I like the composition with the strong lines of the lattice and the more “organic” lines of the flower.

thanks everybody, i am self taught and don’t understand why posting size matters or what the different pixels do to the post … can someone explain, i know how to do it ,i just don’t know why … i can research it myself if y’all like.

thanks again

I can’t take credit for the set up, I was in my front yard and noticed it, just like it is :thinking:

Michael: Some of the rationales for posting smaller are the amount of space the image takes up on the server, the large images when blown up to full size overfill the frame and one has to scroll to see different parts of the image, and if someone was so inclined to pirate your image you would be giving away a full resolution file. I post most of my landscape oriented shots at 1500 pixels on the long side and my portrait shots at 1200. That way the entire image fits on most screens and one doesn’t have to scroll. And at these web resolutions a 1500 pixel image shows detail well and I find the smaller image easier to work with when preparing to post. >=))>

Thank you very much Bill, now it makes perfect scenes. It would have taken me awhile online to find a explanation so simple.

thanks again
Mike