Sitting on Ice

This tulip poplar seed was nicely isolated on it’s pedestal of ice surrounded by some ice structures. The subtle colors are from fallen leaves on the bottom. The patterns in the ice give me a feeling like this is a boat speeding away on a pedestal of ice. :grin: (15 shot stack, tripod and polarizer)

1 Like

Mark, another fine ice image. I really like how the lines seem to point inward to the seed (boat) that is speeding off. So many lines and textures to enjoy in this image. I can’t think of a thing that could improve the shot.

For me, Mark, this is a wonderful example of how well a polarizer filter handles the reflections in the water. Great lines and patterns going on in this one. The “boat” just adds to the story.

Mark, you’ve posted such good ice images previously, that I feel this is not in the top 5. To my eye, the striking wake shows the “boat” speeding upwards in the image, so ideally there should be more space at the top. And the bottom doesn’t add to the story. So an alternative take (or crop) might bring this closer to the standard of your previous submissions. That said, I love the subtle colours produced by the leaves.

Wonder find Mark. The scene looks very cold to help tell the story. The pattern looking like a boat is very cool. I see a lot of cool shapes in this photo that add wonderful details to it.