Six-spotted green tiger beetle

If you’ve tried to shoot these guys, you know they’re relentless and don’t stop moving. I found this individual in the morning, when they were still lethargic enough to give me a chance.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All

Gaurav, I am not familiar with this beetle, but I am so glad that you caught him when he was a little more willing to pose for you. Great shot. Love his shiny green color. Is this cropped any? If you have any space to the right, I would try to include all of his right back foot. You might want to selectively brighten the dark part of the eye some just to draw our eye more to his. I am finding that the shiny green back has my attention more so than to his eye. You really did nail the focus well, with great sharpens throughout the beetle. Very nice.

1 Like

Thank you! I missed the right back foot – you’re right, it helps to include it fully. I’ll try to see if there’s any detail in the eye that can be recovered, thank you for the suggestions.

1 Like

Guarav: A wonderful find and a fine capture. A touch more room behind would be nice but not a deal breaker for me. Well done. >=))>

Gaurav, a fine shot of this beetle. You show well, how it got it’s name. In addition to it’s eye, I think that some subtle dodging of the dark side would let the hairs along there show a bit more. The details in its head and thorax are excellent.