Sleeping Beauty

I’m looking at this image since last July.
Today I decide to try something out of it.
I crop it square, and convert it to B/W.

Specific Feedback Requested

C/C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810
Tamrom 24-70

2 images manually focus stack

2 Likes

Looks good, Joao. I can kind of see a dolphin head with a bit of a long nose among many other possibilities. Real nice lines and textures and the processing looks good, too.

I’m a sucker for images like this. They’re not beautiful in the traditional sense. They’re enigmatic. This one takes your imagination for a ride.

I also really like this image João. Nicely seen and executed.

B&W really highlights the textures here. Well done.

B&W is a good choice for this image Joao. I am enjoying the textures and lines.

I like this kind of image . And the B&W does it. No distraction of color, just form !

Wonderful!! The shape is very interesting and your processing has brought out lovely tonalities.

1 Like

Really abstract image Joao. I love how the sand ripples and lines mimic that of the rock. They are all hard edge and straight randomly running in all directions. This is the type of image that you can look at for a while and get lost in. Would have liked to see a little but more room in the ULC so the rock isn’t quite so close to the edge of the frame but it certainly still works. Well done!

This image has an almost pre-historic look to it, like it’s a fossil of some kind. Love the diagonal rock, this is the perfect angle of view for this scene. I agree with @David_Haynes about wanting so a bit more breathing room in the ULC, not much, just a little. Maybe Content Aware Fill could accomplish that if you don’t have it in the original.

A very striking image, João! B&W was a good choice as it magnifies the textures, lines and shapes which is what this little scene is all about. I like how the small cracks and fissures on the rock echo the larger channels in the sand. Nicely done!

João, the details and the textures both in the rock and in the sand are excellent. The flowing shape of the rock fits well with your frame.