Small Falls - repost - Wait Wait, there's more

I remember being enchanted by this scene across the ditch on the uphill side of a forest road. This is my current best effort. I think I would like to convey the small-scale charm of the scene, but not sure I pulled it off. The full crop, minimally edited is included so you can suggest other alternative crops and processing. I am pretty sure I can find this spot next September, for a re-do.

After absorbing comments of all and seeing a BW image of a small waterfall, I wondered …

How does this strike you? Thanks to capabilities offered by @Tony_Kuyper

@Igor_Doncov @Harley_Goldman @John_Williams @Jim_McGovern and @Ed_McGuirk

This is a rework, stimulated by the thoughts on cropping and what attracted the eyes of of @Igor_Doncov @Harley_Goldman @John_Williams @Jim_McGovern and @Ed_McGuirk.
Thank you greatly.

This is the first original post,

This is the second original l post

1 Like

The second image is stronger in my opinion. The first image should be the better of the two but I don’t like the composition. Here is my suggestion:

Interesting to compare your two versions with @Igor_Doncov 's. I tend to favor a little something in between. I like the green toward the bottom but also like the wider view. My crop required a bit of content aware fill LLC. Nice image of the small falls.

I favor @Igor_Doncov’s crop. I suppose it’s my cliched mind, but I really like that background plan following the rule of thirds.

Dick, I can see what attracted you here, this is a pretty cool little scene. It’s pretty unusual to see vegetation growing underneath the falls like this, while still being clearly visible. My vote would be to go with @Igor_Doncov’s crop, since I really like how it includes the green moss underneath the square shaped rock. My only tweak to Igor’s crop might be to leave a bit more space to the right of that column of water on the right edge.

I agree with the others that the most impactful (?) part of the scene is within the broader capture. I like something in between @Igor_Doncov and @Harley_Goldman’s crop…I’d work to exclude the bright stone in the URC, but try ever so slightly to give a wee bit more breathing room for the image.

The subtle diagonal from the leaves peaking through to the wet moss below the rock helps guide my eye around the frame a bit more.