Solitude

“Solitude” - While in Yellowstone, I watched this bull Bison slowly make his way to a band of trees along the Lamar River. I captured several images of him trekking through the deep snow, but this one is my favourite.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@jenayalaunsteinphotography

2 Likes

I like the story that this image tells on its own.

1 Like

I just love the feel of this landscape, everything appears to be painted with same color pallette.
I would love to see the frames before this one, when the Bison was slightly away from the base of trees.

1 Like

Thank you! The reason I didn’t go with the frames before is he was headed away from me and you couldn’t even see his head, so I decided to go with this one so you can see his head and leg lift. :slight_smile:

Yep, this is exactly the kind of image I described in my recent article. Love the environment and context included. It really helps convey the message of what these guys have to do in the winter months in Yellowstone. Nicely captured.

1 Like

Really nice. I can see this framed and hanging on a wall. Definitely speaks to what Keith Bauer was discussing in his recent article. I like that the trees are in focus as well as the bison. A strong image.

1 Like

A beautiful image, great mood. And a perfect example of including the environment.

1 Like

Jenaya: It’s images like this that have Yellowstone in winter high on my bucket list. I also like the subtle colors in the trees and the hint of stream in the FG. Most excellent shot and congrats on the EP. >=))>

1 Like

This is a bautifully calm and pleasing image. I also love the scale here.

1 Like

Hi Jeana!
This an amazing picture! I love the composition. The only think I would try is to darken a bit and maybe increase the contrast of the river on the right to balance the image.
Thanks for sharing!