Some kind of Lily - ID?

I was in Hawaii recently, visiting the Big Island with Family. I had just an hour at Hawaii Tropical Bioreserve and Garden. I made a few images of lowers that caught my attention. This one looks like somewhere between a giant Calla Lily and Peace Lily. The petal was about 6-8 inches tall! Light was low, but there was stillness.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon R6 + 180/3.5 + Tripod
f/5.6, 1/200, ISO 2000
15 image stack. Canon DPP4 for Raw conversion, Zerene stacker for assembling images, PSCC. Background was dark with a few few distracting elements, so completely darkened the background and converted to B&W.

3 Likes

Very nicely done, Ravi. The black BG really brings the flower out. Good detail in the white pedal and spadix (had to look that one up) :blush:. Beautiful!

Strange and wonderful – and a wonderful image of it – whatever it is! If you really want an ID you might send a picture to the staff there.

1 Like

Nice shot! I feel stillness and dignity from this picture.

1 Like

I love B&W flowers great job. I agree with @Nao_Koju this image conveys quietness and tells a story.
Steve

Hi Ravi, well done image here ; really shows off the flowing lines and gracefulness of this flower. Enjoyed the detail at magnification.