Sonoma Coast

My first post-covid lockdown photography trip, along the rocky Sonoma coast in Northern Callfornia. I love the contrasts there between the rugged rocks and flowing water.

Technical Details

Composite: No
Technical Details
Composite: No
Nikon d850, Nikon 70-200 2/8 at 70 mm, 1.6 sec, f.8, 1SO 50. Used a 6 stop ND filter.

2 Likes

DJ, I like the colors here. The muted sky color and the muted water color. I also like the light on the right side of the rocks. This is really pretty.

1 Like

Thanks. Mark. Nature was kind that evening and gave me some beautiful soft light.

Really beautiful…and I love the choice to slow the shutter speed down just enough to smooth out the wave action but not completely lose the feeling of action and momentum. Well done, great shot!

1 Like

You’ve caught a quietly energetic scene here, DJ. The wash of light is so subtle and gives everything a lift. You might try cloning out the tiny white lines of surf or bubbles just near the bottom. I find I look at them trying to figure out what they are. The small rocks on the near shoreline are like a button keeping the whole composition in place. Beautifully done.

1 Like

That’s a good suggestion. Thank you.