Spirit of X canyon

Rework Black and White

Original

Slot canyons are what got me back into photography after 40 years of not using a camera.
This was taken in X canyon, not Antelope. Just my take on a photo you may know.
Steve

Specific Feedback Requested

Your thoughts

Technical Details

iPhone 8

3 Likes

I really like the effect you created in this image, Steve. It fits your title exceptionally well. I am going to move this to the non-nature category. Human and Fauna is designated for images of domesticated animals, wild animals in an obviously human made environment or wild animals in captivity. For some reason we keep differentiating between humans and other animals.

A very unique image, Steve. I’m not sure of the photo you mention…but this feels quite ghostly. I wonder how it would look in B&W…

Cheers,
David

Lovely. I hope you know the work of Cole Thompson.

1 Like

Ah, now I get the connection. Thanks John.

Thanks Guys

My inspiration was Peter Lik’s Phantom until recently the most expensive photograph sold. (6.5 million US dollars)

As a side, I admire Cole Thompson’s work
https://colethompsonphotography.com/

1 Like

Very cool!! The ghost is just the right visibility.

I had to go back and try to find a shot I did of the light beam years ago. (I’ll bet there are quite a few of that subject among the group here.)

Great image (it must be worth at least a million comparing it Peter Lik haha). But in all seriousness, a really interesting image. I like your B&W rework but wonder if you could bring out a little of the detail in the shadows (it seems to lose some context a bit over the original).