Spoonbill

This morning I went in search for courting Black-necked Grebes. I found the Grebes but they remained passive. So, instead I spent time with a Eurasian Spoonbill that came flying in. Love those birds ! Thanks for any comments, have a good weekend, Cheers, Hans

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D500 with 500mm f4 | 1/2000s | f5 | ISO125 | underexposed 1/3EV | lying rather uncomfortable at the lower end of a small dike, almost at water level

1 Like

A new bird for me, Hans. When visiting Florida I see the Roseate Spoonbill. Didn’t realize they had a corrugated bill. Nice eye level shot.

1 Like

Wonderful image Hans. The exposure looks spot on and I love the water drops between the open bill. That red eye is great too. No nits from me.

1 Like

An excellent view here, Hans. The string of water between the beak tips is a neat extra.

1 Like

Great shot Hans - Now I see why you like them really close. Nicely exposed, great action and to boot, a rare bird!
I wonder though how this might look with some space especially in front of the bird

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Hans
Thanks you for my first look at a Eurasian Spoonbill. Love the head turn, eye contact and water drops.
Peter

1 Like

Really good job on the plumage and exposure. You got the detail spot on. I really like the pose and the open beak with the water dripping from it. And as usual, your depth of field really emphasizes the subject.

1 Like

Beautiful work, Hans. Superb detail in the whites and you caught a perfect head turn. Not as colorful as the Roseate, but a much cooler hairdo.

1 Like

Well, @Karl_Zuzarte - there was not that much space as I was close to the bird - and I didn’t dare to move back, since it might have scared the bird away. On top, behind me was the dike, so moving further back would mean I have to give up my water-level spot … choices, choices, choices :wink: