Spring Collection

I’ve really been enjoying creating collections of images in batches with the yearly seasons. I think it helps to keep the images looking consistent between each other, and has made processing my huge backlog of images feel more manageable. Perhaps best of all, I seem to have found a better balance between time spent creating and time spent online.

Anyway, my latest batch of 21 spring images can be found here. Most of them are from my trip to the temperate rain forest of Washington. Then, a few photos from a suspiciously late snowstorm in Wisconsin - plants even had green buds at that point! Finally, a smattering of photos from years past that I needed to get out of the backlog.

Here’s a little overview of some of my favorites, too:

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

• Nikon D610 (a 6 year old camera now!)
  • Most of these images were taken with my beloved NIkon 70-200 f4. The birch bark photo was taken with the Nikon 105mm macro, and the wide ones taken with the Nikon 16-35mm f4.
  • All are single exposures (I am not against blending, I’m just really lazy).

Thanks for looking!

4 Likes

very nice collection. I like the detail shots the most, but also the other ones are beautiful

Very nice collection, Brent! I love the color contrast of the mushroom image. Very enjoyable set!

Yes, a lovely collection. I enjoyed the slide show feature on your website.

Love the Spring collection Brent! You did so good!

Brent, that first one is spooky cool, kind of a middle earth mood to it. And the third is great too, with all the boulders and greenery spread around. Very pleasing, and thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone for looking and for the kind words! :slight_smile:

Brent, what a great idea to present your recent work organized by season like this. With the theme of "Spring’, this collection as a group is stronger than any of the images would be individually. I looked through your full collection of 21 images, and I can see that you must have had a very hard time narrowing it down to the handful you show here. My favorite of that larger group was “Twisted Tree”.

1 Like

Brent,

Outstanding! Thanks for sharing a piece of your collection. Beautiful work.

Lon

1 Like

Thank you Ed and Lon! It’s always interesting to hear favorites out of a collection because they seem to vary so widely. I took Twisted Tree on my birthday a couple of years ago.

I just reviewed the rules of the critique section and realized I could post collections there as well so I moved this topic to critiques. I am always open to constructive criticism; I like the discussion it generates.

Twisted Tree is good but my vote goes to “Lamina”. Such a simple image but it works for me.

1 Like

Impressive collection Brent! Really nice work!

1 Like