Spring Storm

The pier to the Port of Rochester, NY , Lake Ontario, a couple of yeas ago with winds up to 65 miles per hour.

70 d , 70-200

Larry, oh my! This looks like a beautiful painting. There is so much to enjoy…the yellowish light in the clouds, the light rays, the crashing waves and all the colors in the water. I’m curious what elements were brought in for the composite, but not knowing makes it all the more fun to look at and wonder about. This is a very creative use of color and light.

What an incredibly dramatic image - very, very compelling. But I am having some difficulty with the colour choices. It seems like two separate photographs. The upper half is blue and yellow while the bottom half is purple and green. For me, the purple just doesn’t work with the other colours, particularly the yellow. That, and the fact that the picture is so clearly divided so that it seems like there is one colour palette for the top and another for the bottom, giving the image, for me anyway, a bit of a schizophrenic feel. Of course, this may be your intention, an artistic choice. In which case, disregard everything I’ve said :grin: