Stepsiblings of a different species

I’m guessing this cowbird and this young goldfinch grew up together. Both seem to be juveniles. I like the conversation they’re having can only imagine with they are thinking. My brothers asked me to feed them all the time when they were growing up.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

ISO 1000, 200 to 600 at 600 mm, F6 .3, 1000th, Sony A1

3 Likes

Hi David
How about “Ho ya, wait until my mother comes back” Really cool framing. The detail and eye contact between the Goldfinch and Cowbird is great.
Peter

Interesting that the fledgling Goldfinch is begging from the Cowbird. A total reversal of the normal situation.

Maybe the rule is, beg from anybody bigger than you… Cool capture with wonderful quality!

1 Like

A great little moment for sure. Cowbirds sure seem like they don’t play fair, but all is in the natural world. Super look at this little space we don’t see much of.

What a cute moment you captured! Little brother begging for big brother to make him a PBJ! I love the colors and how the moss on the branch matches the colors of the birds. Really beautiful, David!

If you’re bigger than me you must be a feeder so cough it up! Excellent capture of these two dissimilar birds, David! The green & yellow background compliments the birds nicely and the details are excellent. I wouldn’t change a thing in this image. Nice job! :+1:

David, the begging behavior of the young finch asking it’s larger “sibling” for food is fascinating. The moss on the branch and excellent details in both birds are great.

David, this is really an excellent behavioral shot of the 2 different species of young birds.

Great interaction shot between the two species. The detail, especially in the cowbird, is outstanding.