Stop and Smell the Flowers?

The munch:

Actually, stop and munch the flowers! This male Pronghorn at the National Bison Range was intent on removing all the Salsify from the preserve. Did he know it’s an invasive species there?

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 287 mm, beanbag on car window, f/9, 1/2000, iso 3200 (obviously unnecessary), manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Full frame. Both images were taken with the same parameters.

3 Likes

Really cute photos, Dennis! Maybe he’s been hired by the park service to get rid of the invasive species! He looks pretty serious about it! I really like the first photo, that could be on a postcard or a magazine for advertising taking the time to enjoy the outdoors! Great captures!

Dennis, these guys are a favorite for me as a hoofed wildlife. The soft tones in the colors of the vegetation along with the pronghorn’s makes for easy viewing… :+1:

Very nice – wonderful light and catch of an unusual subject. Do they eat the flowers that smell nice?

The soft BG really makes this image for me !
I prefer the first frame, where Pronghorn is smelling the flower, however leg work is better in second one.