Stormy weather at Kylesku, Scotland

What technical feedback would you like if any? ANY

What artistic feedback would you like if any? ANY

1/750 sec. F/8. ISO 100. 135mm focal length. Nikon D850 Tamron G2 70-200mm

Scotland North-West Highlands.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Very atmospheric, Philip. I really like the distant cloud on the right-hand side as it creates that elevated look from this vantage point. I think my only nit is that the crepuscular ray doesn’t fan out completely but stop only about 1/4 of the way… but sometimes there is nothing that you can do about it.

Fantastic layers in this Philip. I think this works very well as a BW.

You might play with increasing the contrast of the upper right quarter of the image. As is my eye wants to follow the stacked hills to the contrast at the upper left, but keeps getting snagged over to the brightness of the upper right. Darkening the upper right some may help to keep the eye from wandering away from some of the good stuff on the left.

1 Like

Hi John,

You know, I thought I disagreed with this, because I liked - I don’t know - but something like the luminous feel and sense of distance in that part of the image which contrasted with the rest, but then I tried to darken the area and bring out the dark cloud tendrils just a tad, and I think maybe you were right, but I’ll keep looking at it to find the most pleasing combination. Anyway, maybe you’ll think I didn’t darken enough???

Sorry, I hope this is it.

Both are nice Philip, but my preference is the second version. It boxes the eye in a little more fro me.

Looking at this, I also like your reworked version better. It feels a bit more visually balanced and the top right corner feels more connected to the rest of the image. Overall I quite like it, it has a great mood to it.

Thanks, Tom, and I think the advice on the top right was good advice. I am finding the whole NPN experience and various feedback very positive and to the point.

Best wishes,

Philip

36F02B659E194A3191576CDB35A4E103.jpg