Summer Pennant

I was “working” this Halloween Pennant, starting further away and moving closer. I find that I like this view over tighter comps., because of how all the negative space with its colors add a good sense of a warm summer day. Cropped to 92% of full frame. (5D3, 180 mm Macro, 1/800 s, f/10, iso 800, tripod)

2 Likes

Beautiful comp, Mark. Excellent details, as always on the subject.

Nicely done Mark. This image has a nice composition as I get a feeling of place with the perch and background. Nice sharpness and colors. Too bad the wings are torn in places. This looks like an Halloween Pennant (male) to me not an Amberwing.

Mark, this is a wonderful shot of the Dragonfly. Very nice details. We do have a tendency with smaller subjects to want to try to fill the frame, but this looks like you made a good choice. I will have to remember that, as I keep capturing and then moving in closer to check on the monitor later at some of the earlier shots, I could be missing out.

Wonderful photo Mark. Details, as always, are spot on. Do the small red lines on the wings help you to be able to identify them? Just curious.

Wonderful photo of this DF. I love the position and direction the dragonfly is looking. Its a great example of the environment.

Allen, you’re right. When I saw the pics, I was struck by the strong red costa, yet that never translated into questioning my quick ID. :astonished: I’ve changed the title to reflect the correct ID.

Mark, Great image with lovely colors and composition and background. texture of wings comes through well. As far the wings are concerned, I guess what you get is what nature offers.

Mark: Terrific capture and I don’t mind at all that the subject is a little battle worn. The pink spot in the ULC BG does pull my eye a bit to the point that all things considered I wish it wasn’t there but perhaps I’m just being a curmudgeon. BTW, wonderful job with the Macro webinar. I couldn’t watch or participate live but the replay was very informative and well organized. :+1: :+1: >=))>

Bill, thanks for the feedback on my webinar. The one problem with a web based presentation like that is the lack of visual feedback.