Sunset at Mile Long Pier

Lake Eri has some of THE best sunsets. I often go to different locations along the banks of Lake Erie to catch some of the magic.

Specific Feedback Requested

Just looking for some feedback. I feel that I have come a long way in the past 6 months.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Taken with a Nikon D5200. 70-300mm lens 800 ISO Shutterspeed was at 1/1000 because I was taking pictures of birds in flight as well

marquisphotographyohio

@kelly-marquis - I think you have a pleasing image with a lovely sunset. Of course the boats add a wonderful foreground.

Two things that I think would help the image:

The upper left corner cloud doesn’t do anything to add to the image so I’d crop and remove that much of the sky.
The boats have a very heavy blue color cast. I took a look in PS and came up with a different take on the boats and did the crop I mentioned.

See what you think.

2 Likes

Kelly, you had some beautiful light to work with here. I like the contrast between the cool tones in the boats and the warm reflected light in the water. I do like Keith’s suggestion to dial back the blue color cast and I also like his suggested comp. You still have that great warm / cool contrast with his re-work, but it produces a much more natural result in my opinion.