Take Out at the tide Flats

A re-post from the old site to take advantage of the larger image size. This is an adult Bald Eagle taking off with its snack. It was very close and I was able to follow it but I was just a bit slow and it ended up in the right side of the frame. So I did a square crop and it turned out OK. Best if viewed large.

Sony a6500, FE100400GSM @ 100mm , ISO-160, f/5.0, 1/3200, hand held.

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
2 Likes

This is striking. I love the background. It gives you a very good picture of the eagle’s habitat.

Doesn’t get much better than this. Simply a stunning image.

Congratulations Gary on a superb capture and your 1st place award in the Yearly Editors Picks. Exceptional image!

Gary, this is truly a stunning image and worthy of the Avian 2018 EP.
Your portfolio/Gallery is full of exceptional work, and this is the best so far, IMO.
Many congrats!
Sandy

Amazing shot, Gary. Well deserved win for the annual editor’s picks awards.

Congrats ! Well-deserved! Cheers, Hans

Yep, this one gets better every time I look at it. Awesome shot…Jim

All the aforementioned superlatives. Just unbelievably good,

What a capture. I don’t think I’ve seen a photo of an Eagle that close up in flight. Most have the feel from a distance and then cropped in. As for the snack, those talons make that fish seem very small. :star::star::star::star::star:

I love this! The wide angle really makes this one stand out. Great stuff!

Unreal image. That extra eagle in the back and the mountains just put this one over the top for me. Congrats on this one, it’s amazing.

I’m afraid I have been remiss in not responding to everyone’s feedback on this photo. I sincerely appreciate all of the kind comments and am very grateful for the Editor’s choice.