Tapestry of Color

Rework:

I very much am trying to be more mindful of complimentary colors when out making images. In this one, I included a lot of Red and Green for that very reason, so when this week’s theme was announced I was happy to look for some examples in my library!

Specific Feedback Requested:

Nothing really specifically. I’m pretty happy with this one as-is.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Focus stacked with 100-400 lens.

3 Likes

Superb image of complimentary colors Matt! You’ve got everything from Green as can be all the way to crimson red in one small patch of leaves. I also love the drops of beaded water sitting on top of the leaves. I’m being really nit picky here but the almost white leaf at the very bottom of the frame grabs my eye. I would burn that down and maybe saturate so it’s more yellow. The other one the yellow an green leaves poking in on the right side of the image. A small crop should take care of both of those incredibly small issues. Well seen and composed.

1 Like

You’ve got the complementary red -green and extra points for the triad of red-blue-yellow. And some raindrops for good measure. Superb!

Nice! I especially like the complementary colors both within the leaves and between them. I’m with David on that on lighter leaf at the bottom - it sort of grabs the eye.

1 Like

Thanks @David_Haynes and @Bonnie_Lampley - I’ll nuke it!

1 Like

Beautiful collection of colors and shapes, with the droplets making a nice bonus. No suggestions on the rework. :+1:

1 Like

Matt, this is a great collection of leaves and water. I’m especially attracted to how many individual leaf’s veins stand out as alternate in color to the surrounding leaf and how those colors change from leaf to leaf. Removing the bluish tone from that leaf at the bottom lets it fit into the color scheme better.

1 Like

A fantastic smorgasbord of colours with the compliments dominating. Great image Matt love the details and the drops of water.

1 Like

This is a beauty, Matt! The only tiny thing that catches my eye is the lighter leaf on the left edge. Since it is near the edge and is the brightest leaf in the scene, I might consider darkening it just a tad, even though I know it was naturally lighter since it was upside down.

1 Like

Beautiful! The detail and repeating shapes with different colors make this work very well. Nicely laid out and composed.

Terrific rework Matt.

Please let me also use the Swedish word smorgasbord regarding the colors. The rework is just great! One idea could be, if possible, to move the framing of the leaves to the left to get all of the up-side-down leaf at the left border into the image, having one leaf that is the opposite to (most of) the others.