Teddy

I shot this image of Teddy, a young Red lab puppy. Since it wasn’t an organised photoshoot but just one that I did while visiting family and took the dogs for a walk,

I really struggled with getting a decent shot as the dogs were running wild and the owner, my partner’s cousin was deep in a conversation… So I ended up left to chase the dogs with my camera, in attempt to get a good shot. At the end, I noticed a Lavender plant and I could see some potentials. I asked Teddy’s owner to make him sit behind the flowers and I positioned myself to the other side of the plants. I managed to get 1 shot before Teddy ran off with his tail wagging :smiley:

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Open for any advice really

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Open for any advice really

Any pertinent technical details:

Shot with a Nikon D750 and a Tamron 70-200 G2 @200mm, f/2.8

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

The detail in Teddy’s fur is outstanding and I like the head turn a lot, Zoltan. I also tend to be fond of partially obscured subjects and I think the degree of blur on the foreground lavender works quite well. The darker tinted second clump on the lavender sprig that crosses the nose and the truncated green sprig that projects above the back of the head tend to pull by eye a bit as does the light colored blob in the center left. I think I’d subdue all three of those items, but overall, I really like this image.

Thanks for posting on the Human and Fauna forum.

1 Like

Hey Dennis thank you for your input! Now you brought those 3 things to my attention, I can’t take my eyes off them lol so I’ll try to sort them out! I’ve got a few more shots from this “session” but this was my favourite, I bit more artistic feel to it I thought.

Thank you