Teton Setting Sun Over Jackson Hole Ranch

I just loved how the sunlight filtered through the mountains. It always had a misty feel to it and I liked how the lengthening shadows developed over the large expanse of grass.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D810, 24-120 @50mm, f/11, 1/100, ISO 400

ACR/PS with several TK8 light and dark masks

I like the side light here, Chris. It works quite nicely…I do think the shadows could be raised a bit without compromising the overall feel of the image. The foreground makes for a nice…well foreground… :smirk:

I think the crop for a pano look also works well.

Pretty nice even with the “bluebird” sky. I think the man made elements in the FG are what makes the image work. Although I think I would clone out the one on the right edge. It draws the eye.

What a great use of side light, and of a panoramic composition. I love those shadows on the meadow.

My only suggestion would trying to apply a slight bit of de-haze to the top 1/3 of the image, for a bit more contrast on the mountains. Apply sparingly…

I did quite a bit of dehaze but it got t a point where I was losing that misty filtered light look I liked so me fears more would pretty much kill it. I think I can get more contrast another way and will dink with it some more.

So here is more contrast in the mountains, kept my misty light and I lifted the shadows a bit and lastly, lost the building off to the right side.