That old song (with re-edit)

Reworked from scratch with Vanessa’s crop suggestion -

After looking at it I decided I hated the lighting (fluorescents) and so used the Modern 07 preset which I think suits it more. Ran it through Topaz DeNoise for good measure.

Description:

Bottles line the halls at Caves Sao Joao in Portugal. Dusty, but the corks look brand new. One of many, many such nooks in this cellar. We had a terrific paired lunch upstairs while the wine just did its thing below. Tax laws are such that wineries do not label their wines until they are sold. I hope no one switches the signs over the nooks and bins they’re store in prior to that! If I remember rightly, this bin is from 1986, but I can’t remember the varietal.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Anything helpful is welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No

Handheld

Luminar processed for a crop and exposure, clarity, texture, sharpening & nr.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

I really like the repeating patterns and the ancient look. My only suggestion would be to crop out that little bit of wall or something showing on the far left, lower side, keeping the part up above. I just think it would make the room with the bottles look like they went on forever or at least give it more vastness. Just a thought. Nicely composed!

Thanks @Vanessa_Hill - I thought about cropping the wall out, but then didn’t because I was afraid it would look too cramped. I’ll give it a go and repost.

1 Like

I really like it! It also has a different color, which I like better too it seems to emphasize the dust more. Really cool!

I like the “goes on forever” crop, and the yellow tint adds to the “age” of the scene…I’m sure made this 1986 vintage taste a little bit better!

The rework really rocks, Kris. Excellent work.

Fantastic!! I love the rework! Would undoubtedly love the wine, too!

Thanks everyone- I don’t know what I was thinking with the first version. It was during my Luminar phase and I had a crap ton of Portugal photos to process and I think I lost my mind.