The Abyss

This is another image from the southwest. Don’t know what to say about it. It’s fairly self explanatory. Not the most uplifting image I’ve ever made. That’s for sure.

GFX50R, 45-100mm, f/11

4 Likes

This has a lot of depth to it, Igor. I don’t know about uplifting, but it sure invokes an interest and curiosity in me to explore the image in the larger version. Much more immersive that way.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it self-explanatory, Igor. I find it pretty mysterious, as I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this is real life. Whatever it is, it’s neat to look at!!
I would be interested in a close-up of just the center part, with all the texture and cracks.

Igor,

Perhaps not uplifting… but IMHO, it’s not about mood, uplifiting or otherwise, but more about mystery, even deception. The rocky corners clearly gives us the bit of reality… but the rest of the view has my mind baffled. Is it the parting sea? clouds? What is it that is arising from the abyss?

The perspective and viewpoint you’ve captured most certainly creates this mysterious presentation, and I think it’s brilliant. Love this landscape image

Lon

Good use of color to create that feeling of depth. It’s very unsettling. Because there’s so much space between the foreground outcrops, I feel like the earth is opening up and I’m about to fall into the abyss. Not uplifting, but effective.

@David_Bostock, @Lon_Overacker, @Bonnie_Lampley, @GennyK

Thank you for your comments. I have to say that I’m not too pleased with this one. Maybe I’ll warm up to it but I doubt it. The colors are just too weird and the message is too obvious. Maybe it’s too conceptual. Subtle, it’s not.