The Creek

Back in the Spring I was looking down from a bridge watching the water flowing and rippling and shimmering in the sun. It had a nice green hue to it from the tree canopy.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, 300mm, ISO 1600, f/6.3, 1/640
can’t remember exactly what I did if anything in post besides a vertical crop.

2 Likes

Awesome, Vanessa! I really like images like this but could never make anything this good. It is a reminiscent of crocodile/alligator skin to me. I enjoy the combination of the lighter part on the left and the darker part on the right and how the highlight kindof pools into that area on the bottom half of the image.

2 Likes

I will second @Adhika_Lie 's comments. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Thanks so much @Adhika_Lie and @Michael_Lowe for looking and I’m glad you think it works! I’m sure you could do it too. It’s really just what was presented to me! It’s the way it looked when I zoomed in. That’s neat that you think it looks like alligator skin…

He’s right. It does have a reptilian sense to it. Never thought of that. The composition is pretty good with that circular pattern in the lower section that offsets all the diagonals up higher.

2 Likes

First off great eye to spot this abstract, Vanessa. As others have already mentioned this does have a reptilian feel to it due to the shades of green and all the patterns. Very nicely done.

1 Like

I like the reptile skin analogy too! I’m glad you were in the zone to see this, @Vanessa_Hill

1 Like

Thanks @Igor_Doncov @Ed_Lowe @Mark_Muller for taking a look and your comments. Maybe I should change the title to The Croc instead! :slight_smile:

1 Like