The Spirit of The Forest

I had a good time scrambling down into this canyon to photograph this beautiful waterfall. I was hoping for more snow, but even without this spot is like a dream.

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Single exposure - Nikon D810 - 24mm - f/18 - 64 ISO - Singh-Ray warming circular polarizer.

6 Likes

Nice image, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Great colours, and the vertical composition is perfect IMO.

1 Like

@Ralph_Yakaboski & @Joao_Ferrao Thanks friends. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gorgeous work, Gary. The scene looks like something straight out of a fairy tale. Your SS choice works well and the aquamarine color of the water is simply gorgeous. I actually think the light dusting of snow works rather well here. Outstanding image.

1 Like

@Ed_Lowe Thank you Ed. I appreciate your comment. :slight_smile:

Beautiful composition. I’ve yet to scramble to these falls, but hope to soon.

1 Like

Fantastic capture, Gary. You definitely nailed the dream like feel to this shot. I really like the composition and colors. Thanks for sharing!

@Daniel_Rappaport It’s worth it. :slight_smile:

@ChrisNoronhaPhoto Thank you Chris. It’s hard to get any other comp at this spot. :slight_smile:

Love this. I have that same warming CPL and have not used it much. Thank you for mentioning it. I might pull it out and use it more.

1 Like

@Drew_Armstrong Thank you. :slight_smile:

A CP is the only filter that I can’t live without, and the Singh-Ray warming circular polarizer is the best one that I’ve owned.

This comp is superb. Colors are nice and it sure does look cold!

1 Like

@Kathy_Barnhart The hike in warmed us up. :smiley: Thank you.

Gary,
What a lovely view. The color of water is amazing, just feels refreshing looking at it.