Through the Fog

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All technical feedback is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All artistic feedback is welcome

Any pertinent technical details:

Canon EOS R, Canon 70200mm f2.8l, 70mm, ISO 500 1/100 and fog, lots of fog!

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.!

Hi Benjamin. I like this image a lot, as I’m always a fan of fog. The boardwalk also looks familiar, but I don’t recall this tree.

I was going to suggest that you could have zoomed out a bit, but I see you were already as wide as the lens would go. The only thing I could suggest is that with the shape of that tree you might want it a tad further right in the frame. At the same time, I’d hate to encroach to closely on the beautiful golden shrub, so it’s a tough call. If you have a wider lens and the site is handy, you might want to try on the next foggy morning as I think some more on the left and a bit more on the top would really make this special.

Good morning Dennis,

Thank you! This is at the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge near Lacey, Washington. I live just 15 minutes from there, so the opportunity to reshoot this is easy, just wait for another foggy morning. I had just bought the Canon 70-200 and this was the first morning out with it. When I reshoot, I’ll grab the 24-70 and make place the tree more to the right. I should be able to do so without losing the shrub.

Thanks again for the critique! I love this site!

I thought it was Nisqually. A foggy morning shouldn’t be hard to come by. I’m about 10 miles south of Olympia so I’m familiar with the weather.

I’m in Steilacoom so we’re close!