Traces

Traces of bugs underneath the bark of a pine tree. In fact on a huge branch that had broken off some time ago and lost its bark. I always like patterns, forms and structures in nature. This image is a by-product of a cold winter morning dedicated to woodscapes, but I couldn’t resist this subject.

Specific Feedback Requested

I find it difficult to select a rectangle on such patterns, cutting lines is unavoidable, still it has to remain ‘a whole’. Anyway, all feedback is very much appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
Canon 5D4, iso 100, 4 sec, Sima 150 mm, f/11, CPL, tripod, focus stack of seven images combined with Zerene Stacker, TK luminosity masks applied

1 Like

Igor, what a great find and capture. I am just enjoying the patterns, lines and texture, as well as the complimentary colors throughout the image. Very nice presentation.

Wonderful abstract feel to your image, Igor. Great find, nicely captured and executed.

Igor, good to see a post from you. This is a lovely bit of “scroll work” by the beetles. Well seen.

Igor: Great to have you back posting. Really nice find and a solid comp. I love the textures and patterns. Well done. >=))>

I am honoured by the editors pick!