Tree Topper

I went out yesterday afternoon for something completely different, but couldn’t resist this Black-capped Chickadee in one of our oaks. It started out a little lower, but ended up right at the top of the tree and gave me this nice head turn.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
A7Riv, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840mm, hand held, f/9, 1/2000, iso 1000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. I played with the background a bit to emphasize the wisps of cloud. Cropped to 5040x5488. Taken yesterday at 5:36 pm.

1 Like

Such a sweet little bird, so nicely captured!! I love the color-coordinated perch and the bit of clouds in the sky!

Cute pose. Excellent detail and color when seen large.

Totally agree with David and Diane, Dennis. Great detail and color. Love how the diagonal of the twig, along with the diagonal of the birds tail feathers make an interesting shape. Nicely done.

You really capture some wonderful detail with your set up, Dennis. The open beak gives some apersonality to this little one. Soft sky blues and white wisps work nicely in the image.

Good pose nicely captured, Dennis. I’m always a sucker for these little guys, too. I can’t resist snapping some shots of them occasionally.