Trifolium pratense L. (red clover)

Red clover is native to Europe, Western Asia, and northwest Africa but planted and naturalized in North America. A vital pollinator was also imported with the clover - Bombus ruderatus, the large garden bumblebee.

The flowers often are used to make jelly and tisanes and are used in essiac recipes. Their essential oil may be extracted, and its unique scent is used in aromatherapy.

When I began experimenting with generating pure white backgrounds, this was the first subject that worked to my satisfaction.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all comments are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite:

No

paulgwiegman
2 Likes

Wonderful, Paul. Sure wish my “first tries” were as amazing as yours. Nicely done.

Hi Paul,

You captured some wonderful texture in the petals. I have no nits for you and like the comp as presented. Awesome…Jim

The intricate complexity is amazing and you’ve done a great job with it. I like that you included a bit of the leaves. The color looks natural and true as well. Sweet.

1 Like

Thanks, Jim, Linda, and Kristen.

Kristen, I included the leaf because the light green chveron is one of the distinguishing marks for the species. Plus, it looked nice.

Namaste