Twilight #2

A companion to Twilight of a few months ago. I like the composition of the other one more than this one, but I think that this one has richer detail on the granite.

Contax Vario Sonnar 35-70mm at f/11 or so, Sony A7R, 25s at ISO 400, Capture One.

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
2 Likes

I would agree with your take on comparing the two, but stand alone, this one is quite nice.

1 Like

I like it a lot, stark and a lot of depth. I can almost feel the abrasion and I have climbed around on them.
Well done.

1 Like

Alberto, I strongly prefer this image to your previous Twilight post. I like having the more in-your-face placement of the rock formation in the composition. Your processing of color and white balance in this image create a wonderful mood.

1 Like

Both are superb Alberto, but I like this one slightly better. I think this one is stronger because you have distilled the scene down to just the essentials with the solitary joshua tree and the more prominent rock. I particularly like the blue tones and the stars just beginning to make an appearance in the sky. Beautifully done.

1 Like

This is a better comp than the previous image in my opinion.

1 Like

Love the cool tones and the shapes of the granite.

1 Like