Twin Falls

I have been off from here for awhile but glad to post something again. I just returned from a photo trip on the north shore of Lake Superior and a couple of days at the end in northern WI. This is a picture I made at Twin Falls in northern WI. near Port Wing.

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon 5DMK4, 14-105 F/4L @ 28mm, ISO 160, 1.6 sec at F/16. CPL.

1 Like

Nick, I’m assuming that this is the same falls as posted recently in landscape critique. This side view of these falls is much more impressive to me than the view from directly in front. Even though you have low water flow here, the moss, lichen, and red rock (sandstone?) make for wonderful colors in this image. The way that the light is hitting the right side of this image really shows these colors at their best. A really unusual waterfall that you have captured beautifully.

Beautiful, Nick ! The light and the detail in the mossy rocks set off the delicacy of the waterfall so well.

Thanks Ed and Ian for your comments! It is the same falls that I posted in Landscape Critique. I too like this view of the falls and probably more than the other shots I made of it. Thanks guys! Nick

Thank you, Ian. Appreciate getting your thoughts! Nick

Nick, as so many of your images also this one makes me feel like standing in the middle of the scene, breathing the fresh air and listening to the sound of the falls. I especially enjoy the interplay of the complementing colors and the tonal range. There is a mixture of steadyness and slight motion that fascinates me and keeps my attention. Thanks for sharing.

Peter

Hi Peter, Many thanks for your kind words. I had a great time photographing these falls. Cheers!