Twin to David Schoen's Post

I don’t think we’re close enough for this to be a real twin, but it’s the same species and looks to be the same sex and age. I’m pretty sure it’s a juvenile Yellow Warbler.

I was in my blind today and it came in for a quick bath in my lower pool. At the time, I was starting to get a little sunlight and it happened to catch this bird leaving the background in the shadows.

Specific Feedback Requested

I did quite abit of background cleanup to bet rid of distracting bright elements. Please let me know if you see any anomalies.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, Tripod with gimbal head from my blind, f/9, 1/1000, iso 2000, fill flash at -2 EV, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 6426x4486. The water streaks in the background are because my sprinkler system was on at the time. Taken this morning at 9:18 AM.

1 Like

Excellent detail and the warbler stands out nicely from the background. Unfortunately it isn’t rain; we could sure use some.

Hi Dennis
The detail and yellow coloring look great, looks like the Warbler turn just in time for the fill flash to go off. Nice eye glint.
Peter

And in the rain! Nice pose and detail.

Hello, Dennis, nice one ! Rain more often than not adds to the image, also in this case - even if it comes from the bathing :wink: ! Cheers, Hans