Undergrowth

I’m not exactly sure which mood we are looking for. I equate emotion with mood. I suppose many equate fog with mood. Anyway, here is an image that I think has a mood and fits into this category. I initially processed this with greater exposure but after several reworks I came to this Ingmar Bergmanesque type of b&w:

Canon 6D, 24-105mm

2 Likes

The repeating pattern of the pinnate leaves is quite pleasing. Their shine is really remarkable. The one missing leaf is an interesting detail and I like the textures, too. Not sure about the branch in the URC…it feels intrusive. Out of place even though it looks like it’s the same as the main plant. The dark tonality really works.

The mood though - it isn’t dark. More tranquil. The black and white presentation makes me aware of the artificiality of the photo at the same time as my brain interprets it as a natural scene. A trifle puzzling, but in an intriguing way.

Wonderful! The tonalities are reminiscent of a great silver gelatin print. I love how the plant is contained in the frame and how the center is off-center. I wonder about burning the one in the UR a little, to make it secondary.

I really like the light and dark tones, Igor. The image really catches my eye.
I’m not sure about a mood. The details in the image make me think of a thoughtful, observing, quiet, pensive moment. Not sure if that is a mood or not. Anyway, I enjoy this image.

Igor, the idea was whatever mood you could create… I like this presentation, it’s nicely quiet and contemplative. The leaf coming in at the top tells me that there’s more of this shrub in the surroundings, a nice addition to the story.

For me the mood is mysterious, deep and dark. The rich highlights are so luminous. Weston’s peppers would be proud of you… :hot_pepper:

I know, wrong kind of pepper, but that’s all we had.

The black-and-white presentation is what creates the mood for me. The shapes, reflections, highlights all add up to a fascinating image.

This works nicely for me as this image has a melancholy mysterious mood to it, Igor. I really love the rich luminosity of the leaves as they fan out across the frame. Nicely done!