Unrequited

The light bounced off to the side and illuminated this beautiful young beech, highlighting it from the dark wood. Sila National Park, Italy

4 Likes

I love the lighting, Antonio.

Your image is absolutely sublime, Antonio! Gorgeous, soft lighting!

Gorgeous lighting. Very evocative and romantic - painterly. If I may, I’d suggest flipping the image so that dark to light is moving from left to right instead of right to left. That’s the natural motion of our eye and I think the image might flow just a bit better.

Many thanks Shirley. Light is gorgeous

Many thanks Drew Harbaugh :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your comment. But I don’t like turning the images upside down. Thanks anyway

Love the soft lighting and colors. Reminds me of a painting. Beautiful Autumn image.

Thank you so much. It is a great appreciation :slight_smile:

Like the other image that you posted: beautiful soft light and great colours. I like it a lot.

Many thanks for the appreciation :slight_smile:

Love this! Wonderful work.

Love the lighting here. I think what @Kerry_Gordon was recommending was a L–>R flipping of the image, rather than upside down. That would also allow the diagonal in the lower aspect of the image to flow toward the base of the lit tree.

I do think that the left side of the tree being lit (beautifully) and predominating on the left side of the image weights the image fairly heavily to the left. While there is a nice counterpoint in the shadows to the right in the frame (same tree in shadow with beautiful shape and similar color), I would be tempted to dodge the trunks slightly in the shadows to help create a little more balance. I’d be interested in others thoughts on this perspective or whether others feel there is adequate balance in the shot as is. Thanks for sharing!

The lighting and the subtle colors look great, Antonio. This creates a fine mood.

Thank you :slight_smile: I glad your like

Thank you Jim. To balance the weight of the tree, I used the curtain, namely the predominant shady mass, reinforced by the illuminated shapes of some trees. I considered this composition more interesting than it probably breaks some canons, compared to exploiting the left side of the illuminated tree, which I considered uninteresting. Thank you very much for your comment, I would also be interested in the comments of others :slight_smile:

Thank you for your comment :slight_smile:

Back
Forward