Upheaval

The river flows by our house and the ice groans to us as the tide changes and makes it’s seemingly painful adjustments. And it’s a visually very appealing, though not necessarily a beautiful process.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all. Is this image worth the work?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon z7,24-70/4@f/16,1/25

I like to work tidal ice slabs myself, it can lead to some interesting shapes and patterns. I think you do have have some shapes and patterns here, I like how everything seems to be converging on the center point with a radial pattern in the floes around it. From a composition standpoint my only nitpick is that I wish the ice chunk in the lower right corner wasn’t slightly cut off by the bottom frame edge. This looks more like an accidental, rather than a deliberate choice. Would have preferred a bit more breathing room on the bottom.

Color is a subjective thing. To me this feels like the whites are slightly too warm, I would prefer to see purer whites, or perhaps even slightly cool. That’s a matter of personal preference though, YMMV.

1 Like

Ed,

Thanks. Good comments. At some point I decided to rotate the image and that constrained my crop. I’m more comfortable with this crop and don’t see the reason for the crop. :blush: