Val Di Funes

Val Di Funes

Unfortunately the snow stopped me from getting a lot of the shots I wanted in the Dolomites last week (Was also partially an anniversary trip so I had to balance wife and camera)… but after 4 trips to Val Di Funes I was able to at least walk away with a shot I was happy with.

This was shot with the Nikon D850, Nikkor 70-200 f4, and was an 8 image pano at 70mm which I then cropped (Had a gap at 30-70 focal length which would have been ideal). I blended the mountains from another shot about 5 mins prior to this one since I liked the clouds more, but wanted the light from this frame near the Church. Having a 24-70 would have allowed this to be a simple 2 exposure blend.

5 Likes

You captured this idyllic scene so well - I like the mix of shadow and highlighted foreground - and what a stunning backdrop!

Thanks Dan! I’m glad I was able to come away with something after a few failed attempts the prior days.

I think you did well - clouds and light around mountains are perfect and it works together with foreground.
Oh, and I especialy like that you did not only managed missing focal length, but that you also managed wife/camera balance :smiley: not an easy task.

Back
Forward