Van Gogh's Disco Dancer

On the shaded north side of the bluffs along the south edge of the Straits of Juan Da Fuca, driftwood and fallen wood has great climate for lichens and algae. I did not see the dancer when I captured the image, but she popped out during processing. Any suggestions on color, cropping, or anything would be welcome … I would like others to readily see the dancer without seeing the title.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Dick: Well seen and very nicely captured. I especially like the color palette and textures. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more. >=))>

Real fascinating combo of color, lines and textures. I might lighten the midtones a bit? Real nice abstract.

Great colors and textures. The sinuous lines, especially of the middle section, are so graceful. I confess, though, that I’m not seeing a dancer. My only suggestion would be to darken that lightish area towards the LRC, where it exits the frame. It sort of pulls my eye down that way. Otherwise, this does have good balance.

Oh wow, what a treat in swerved lines, colors and texture, Dick. It is a very nice abstract to be sure. Great find and capture. Looking forward to more of your images.

Really lovely Dick. The lines, colors and detail are delightful to look at it. Great eyes, love the title too.

Dick, the shapes, textures and colors look great and yes, I see the dancer. Nicely seen.

Thank you. Yes that lrc white is an eyecatcher!